Home Chinese Culture Chinese Quotes Good Quotes About Life
Chinese Good Quotes About Life
If you want to find good quotes about life, here you'll have some timeless quotes from Lao Tzu, the founder of Taoism of China in 600BC.
Lao Tzu is considered one of the greatest thinkers and philosophers in the world. His thoughts have been a huge impact in China and other countries.
Here is the page to find out the roles Lao Tzu and Taoism played in Chinese religion.
- Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy.
- A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
- To lead people, walk beside them... As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate... When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves!'
- Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.
- If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
- Great acts are made up of small deeds.
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
- The words of truth are always paradoxical.
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
- One who is too insistent on his own views, finds few to agree with him.
- He who is contented is rich.
- To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect.
- From caring comes courage.
- Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.
- To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any.
- He who talks more is sooner exhausted.
More Quotes by Lao Tzu
Home Chinese Culture Good Quotes About Life