Home Types of China Visas Work Visa

China Work Visa



China Work Visa

China Work Visa is called China Z Visa which is issued to a non-China citizen and his/her accompanying family members to work in China. There are some documents you need when you apply for a Chinese Work Visa.

Here is the list of the required materials.



Once your documents are ready, here is how to apply:

  • You can either submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or a Consulate General that is close to where you live, or have a reputable travel/visa agent handle this for you.
  • If you cannot go to the Chinese Embassy or a Consulate in person, you may also entrust someone else to drop off your application at the visa office.
  • No appointment is required, but be prepared to be in a long line especially when it's travelling season.
  • Don't mail your application to the Chinese Passport and Visa office. They won't accept it.

Visa Processing Time

  1. The regular processing time is 4 working days.
  2. Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
  3. Same day rush service: additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:30pm may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day in the U.S.. Ask your local Chinese visa office for information if you are in a rush).

Visa Fee Information:

  • Pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Company Check.
  • Cash or personal checks are not acceptable.
  • Make the company check, cashier's check or money order payable to Chinese Embassy.
  • Fee Amount: $140 for American individuals, $120 per person for American groups , and $30 for citizens of other countries.

China Travel: What You Need to Know

Some of the China Highlights



Which visa do you need to go to China?


Home Types of China Visas China Work Visa





China Highlights